Power and flexibility with quad-radio configuration
At the heart of each Nova Node is a high-performance network controller, equipped with four high-power radios. The radio modules operate on the 5GHz ISM band, which is worldwide unlicensed. The use of an onboard hardware cryptographic accelerator, translates into leading-edge security without compromising real time voice, data and video communications.
Multi-antenna array for high range
To provide 360° coverage without sacrificing range and bandwidth nCentric has developed a unique antenna array consisting of four overlapping sectors. Every sector is comprised of a number of directional antennas, thus combining the range and bandwidth of a point-to-point system with the flexibility of a point-to-multipoint system.
Intelligent mesh platform
Powering this high-end hardware platform is an equally exceptional, fully distributed, wireless mesh operating system. Managing all radios so channels are selected as intelligently as possible, Nova Node maximizes throughput, even over multiple hops. Instead of an ordinary ad hoc routing protocol, a mobile-optimized, proactive mesh routing algorithm is employed resulting in a robust, self-configuring, and auto-healing network.
- Intelligent, robust platform enabling a wide variety of IP network services, such as VoIP, video streaming, file sharing, serial data broadcast, etc
- Auto-configuring and self-healing 3rd generation mesh network
- Quad-radio architecture allowing high throughput over multiple hops
- Sectorized multi-antenna array with 2×2 MIMO per sector
- Smart channel management minimizes interference and maximizes bandwidth
- Integrated dual GPS receiver
- Integrated Iridium modem for easy remote management
- Easy installation: compact all-outdoor single unit
- ATEX version available on request