The StarFish 450F is the original StarFish Seabed Imaging System and continues to offer a powerful, yet affordable, entry-level side scan sonar system for shallow water survey work. Since its launch in 2007, the StarFish 450F has gained worldwide recognition as the most portable, affordable, towed side scan sonar on the market. The system is powered by a 450kHz CHIRP transmission, to provide a wide range sonar coverage up to 100m/ 300ft per channel (200m/ 600ft total swathe) with good, clear image definition. This model is also available as a hull-mounted version (StarFish 450H).
The range also includes two higher specification units in high-visibility colours: StarFish 452F, a high-frequency system available in reinforced yellow polyurethane rubber and the StarFish 990F, which offers both higher frequency and resolution and is available in reinforced red polyurethane rubber.
- Smallest towfish side scan sonar systems available
- Full-body, three-fin, hydrodynamic design, to improves stability, when flying through the water
- Easily powered from almost any source
- Simple, intuitive software
- Law Enforcement/ Homeland Security
- Wreck Location/ Archaeology Survey
- Dive Clubs
- Academic Research