In addition, the SeaKing Hammerhead has a built in attitude sensor, which makes the unit ideal for tripod deployment*, giving the user a clear indication as to the position of the unit relative to the seabed. The unit also has an integrated three axis compass, to allow the sonar image bearing to be continually displayed and updated.
Tritech’s SeaKing range of mechanical imaging sonars comprises the Super SeaKing, Super SeaPrince, Micron and SeaKing Hammerhead sonar. All products in the SeaKing family (or third-party products within the ArcNet communications link), can be run simultaneously, using the same processor and display; such as Tritech’s Surface Control Unit (SCU) or a customer supplied PC or laptop.
*The SeaKing Hammerhead is available as a standalone sonar or as a complete survey package with top box and deployment tripod.
- Twice the resolution than other mechanical sonars
- DST (Digital Sonar Technology)
- Ultra-narrow horizontal beam angles for maximum resolution
- Dual channel, dual frequency operation
- 675kHz for large area survey up to 100m
- 935kHz for high definition target examination at up to 40m
- Integral Attitude Sensor for static and dynamic deployment information
- Geo-referenced plotter display
- Motor-driven shaft uses a unique dual seal arrangement for maximum reliability in adverse conditions
- Static seabed deployment for tasks including: area survey, object location, diver monitoring
- Civil engineering projects such as bridge pier inspection
- ROV deployed for tasks including mattress lay, debris clearance