The iFG receives magnetic heading and pitch and roll data from the iGC; using proprietary slaving algorithims, it then provides an output of stabilised heading with low drift rate. Output data is transmitted to the 3 serial ports provided.
Additional (external) interface cards are available when an iGC/ iFG is fitted to existing ROVs to replace a mechanical gyro compass. This provides specific communication protocol compatibility and analogue (autopilot) functionality.
- Solid state – robust and reliable
- Low drift rate. Excellent stability, linearity, resolution and repeatability
- State of the art display software
- User programmable output modes and filter parameters
- Multiple interface options
- Minimal maintenance costs
- High shock rating
- Very compact
- Replacement of high maintenance mechanical (aircraft type) gyro compass systems
- Live back up for survey (North seeking) gyro compass systems
- Improved heading and autopilot stability in the presence of fluctuating external magnetic fields
- Compatible with the Tritech ARCNET network of survey products